Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Interview with Illustrator of Rumtum the Sailor, Mary Manning




                                                      Rumtum the Sailor by Kyle Duffy, Illustrated by Mary Manning  



Illustrator bio



As an illustrator/character designer, I've worked with numerous publishers and related industries over the years.  In my free time, I'm also dipping into 2D hand drawn animation and broadening my skills as an artist.  You can view Mary Manning's work at her Webpage




Do you have a preferred medium to work in?

I only work digitally these days.  It's much more convenient and time saving than traditional.



How long did it take you to convey the essence of  Rumtum the Sailor through your illustrations?

No time really.  You get a good sense of the character(s) when you read the story or manuscript. That's a main part of the illustrators' job.



What is your favorite piece of work in your portfolio?

Oh boy ... I don't know.  I don't think I have a favorite because in each one I see where I would have maybe done something differently ;)




Are you working on any new projects?

Always.  And if I'm not, I'll use it to do some personal work.



Special note: Ramtum the Sailor is being launched on Kickstarter 

No comments:

Post a Comment